* April 2015. Updated. Piling due to begin. If you are looking for a place to use as an occasional holiday home and as a rental property then the small studio apartments look like a good bet. These would be relatively easy to rent out and fill during High Season either through the resort or independently using Airbnb ( for example).
These condominiums are located at a popular beach resort in Kai Bae. They are a collaboration between the owners of the resort and their longstanding British business partner. This is the initial stage of redeveloping the entire resort to make it into one of Koh Chang’s top beach resorts and holiday home locations. The condos will be constructed using new eco-friendly materials designed to ensure that homes are kept cool in the tropical sun. All units also feature a terrace for those memorable sundowners, stylish bathrooms, practical kitchenettes and contemporary Asian furniture.
All units are sold fully fitted and furnished. Ground floor units also include a plunge pool – ideal for cooling off in after a busy day on the beach.
These units will also make ideal rental properties as owners will be able to rent their units out privately or through the exiting resort’s property management service. With a 200 metre long beach and shops, bars and restaurants all within easy walking distance, they are ideal for couples or families on vacation who are looking for more privacy or space than the average hotel room can offer.
Freehold foreign ownership is available on a ‘first come first served basis’ – as under Thai law on 49% of units can be held Freehold in a foreign name. Remaining units can be owned leasehold, in a Thai name or in a Thai company name.
Perspectives & Show Unit Photos:
Studio Units from 3,999,000 Baht
One bedroom from 5,999,000 Baht
Two Bedroom from 7,999,000 Baht
To allow owners to fully enjoy the facilities that Koh Chang has to offer, each condominium will be allocated complimentary membership to the Island Life Leisure and Sea Sports Club. This will provide a 50% discount for the use of kayaks, speedboats, 60 foot motorboat, fishing boats and excursions. In the event that owners have a surfeit of guests, they can reserve rooms (subject to availability) at the resort at a 50% discount on the rack rate. Other facilities are being planned for the and members will receive the same 50% discount on these.
Payment Plan, Terms and Conditions etc.
(1) 20,000 Baht non refundable reservation fee payable to secure the unit for a period of 14 days.
(2) Initial deposit of 30% of the value of the unit on contract signing, less the reservation fee.
(3) On completion of the foundations, 30%.
(4) On completion of the interior and landscaping, 30%.
(5) On transfer of ownership at the government land office, 10%.
(6) Ownership, freehold – up to 49% of units as per Thai law. remaining in Thai company name / Thai name or Leasehold.
(7) Maintenance fee monthly, THB 70/m2. ( For the first year, thereafter this may change depending on actual costs )
(8) Sinking fund (one time payment) THB 700/m2.
(9) Water and electric payable on a metered basis.
(10) Transfer charges and government taxes to be paid on a 50/50 basis between the developer and the purchaser.
(11) Construction is scheduled to commence Q2 2015 and be completed within 12 months.
(12) Prices to include kitchen, bathroom, aircon and furniture package unless otherwise agreed.
(13) Prices and conditions may be changed without advance notice.
Email to receive more details and current availability from the developer.